• 2

    Dogs Poisoned

  • 1

    Dog Deaths 50%

  • 2

    Cats Poisoned

  • 0

    Cat Deaths 0%

Danger Level

The current danger level for tick poisoning is moderate. The figures are accurate as of 20th Sept. Tick season 21-22 is starting slowly, but please be vigilant. ... The colour of this box represents the danger level

Green Very Low

Blue Low

Yellow Moderate

Red High

Tick Tool Box

Click upon this link to see our current preventative recommendations and approach to keeping you pets safe during tick season. New product for cats!

2020-21 review

This year we see a continued downward trend of poisonings from 43 to 36 (ie 16%) (18 cats,18 dogs) which is great news.

 As you can see the cat figures have improved as we are now into year 2 of the new isoxazoline use. Dog figures have improved from last year when there was an up click in numbers. Be sure you have the latest EFFECTIVE tick products available, give is a call and we can discuss our recommendations.  Death rates are a little higher this year at 18% (cf to last years 13-15% (cat / dog).

.

2019-20 review

With the last few years showing a downward trend in number of tick poisonings this year has been unusual in that we have seen an increase from 28 (21 cats, 7 dogs) to 43 (23 cats, 20 dogs).

 As you can see the cat figures are steady as we have only just seen one year’s use of the new isoxazolines, the products that have worked magic in dogs. However the worrying trend is the dog increase! That’s 285% increase!!! The concern here is that clients have become complaisant over the efficacy of their tick products. Be sure you have the latest EFFECTIVE tick products available, give is a call and we can discuss our recommendations.  Death rates remain at 13-15% (cat / dog).

.

2018-19 review

This tick season continues to show a downward trend by 46% on last year which is great news. Total tick poisonings treated were 28 [21 cats, 7 dogs] cf to last year 52 cases [32 cats, 20 dogs]. Of the poisonings 4 died [ last year 6 died]. This year the death rate was 14% [last year 12% ].

2017-18 review

This tick season continues to show a downward trend by 8% on last year which is good news. Total tick poisonings treated were 52 cases [32 cats, 20 dogs] compare this to last year 66 cases [42 cats, 24 dogs]. Of the poisonings 6 died (cf to 13 last year). This year the death rate was 12% (last year was 20%) a big improvement. In previous years we would quote that about 6% of poisonings will die even when treated, the new figure remains higher. It is my belief that this reflects that most poisonings are coming in more severely affected, and less severely affected numbers are down

2016-17 review

This tick season continues to show a downward trend by 35% on last year which is good news. Total tick poisonings treated were 66 cases [42 cats, 24 dogs] compare this to last year 101 [56 cats, 45 dogs]. Note how the dog figures were most reduced. Of the poisonings 13 died (compare to last year where 12 died). This year the death rate was 20% while last year it was 11.9% suggesting a more toxic tick. In previous years we would quote that about 6% of poisonings will die even when treated, the new figure is much higher. It is my belief that this reflects that most poisonings are coming in more severely affected, and less severely affected numbers are down